A&C Sword Fencing Club recognises its responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of children and young people entrusted to the Club’s care.
As part of its mission, the Club is committed to:
- Valuing, listening to and respecting children and young people as well as promoting their welfare and protection.
- Safe recruitment, supervision and training for all the coaches within the Club.
- Adopting a procedure for dealing with concerns about possible abuse.
- Encouraging and supporting parents/carers.
- Supporting those affected by abuse in the Club.
- Maintaining good links with the statutory childcare authorities and other organisations.
The club recognizes the need to provide a safe and caring environment for children and young people. The Club also acknowledges that children and young people can be the victims of physical, sexual and emotional abuse, and neglect. A&C Sword Fencing Club has therefore adopted the procedures set out by the British Fencing Association.